State of the Center: Phased Reopening as of June 29, 2020
President and Executive Director of the Rose Bowl Aquatics Center, Kurt Knop provides an update on the State of the Center, after one week after a phased reopening.
Welcome back! We’re delighted to begin a phased reopening of the RBAC, following a mandatory closure due to COVID-19. You’ll notice a number of changes in alignment with LA County and the City of Pasadena’s health and safety protocols and requirements. Please follow them, knowing that we’re all working hard to keep both our patrons, and staff safe during a period of great uncertainty. Thank You!
Important Notice for all Patrons
It is important that you read through this information in its entirety before your visit. We’re working hard to protect you in the midst of this pandemic, and need everyone’s support in realizing these safe goals.
Please do not come to the Center or accompany anyone to the Center if you have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19 or COVID symptoms or if you have experienced any of the following symptoms in the last 10 days:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Not due to a chronic condition:
- Sore throat
- Recent loss of sense of taste or smell
- Muscle aches
- Congestion/runny nose
Before You Arrive, Please Be Aware:
All visitors are required to adhere to the following protocols at all times:
- Everyone must fill out the online waiver prior to arriving at the Center.
- All patrons are strongly encouraged to reserve a lane ahead of time and/or be enrolled in a class. Team members must confirm their participation with their coaches.
- Cloth masks or face coverings must be worn over the nose and mouth at all times while not in the pools or showers, by all visitors older than 2.
- Patrons and staff are required to pass a symptom screening with a temperature check prior to entry.
- A physical distance of 6 feet between yourself and others is required and will be enforced.
- Children must stay with adults at all times unless they are participating in a program.
- If you begin to feel unwell during your visit you must get the attention of an RBAC staff member, identified by staff shirts.
- Credit or debit cards are strongly encouraged.
Covid-19 Safety Measures at the RBAC
- Pool and program capacity reduced and controlled.
- Doors that are staffed within the facility, except for specific doors that would provide added protection and security to staff areas, will be propped open and to provide a touch-free experience when in use.
- Enhanced cleaning of high-touch surfaces throughout the day; hand-sanitizer is also available.
- Lockers are currently not available.
- Bring your filled water bottle with you. Water bottle filling stations are open but the water fountains are not available.
- All shared pool equipment shall be prohibited for any non-RBAC led program.
- Directional signage will be utilized to guide individuals in appropriate foot traffic to provide physical distancing.
- The use of stanchions, signage, cones, markers, and tape will be used to delineate patrons routes and the best way to proceed throughout the facility.
Local health orders:
Pasadena Health Order
LA County Opening Guidelines
Public Pools- Public Health Reopening Protocol