Badminton | India Open, Syed Modi cancelled in BWF’s adjusted calendar

The badminton season has been on hold after the All England Championship in March.

The India Open Super 500 and the Syed Modi International Super 300 tournaments were on Thursday cancelled by the Badminton World Federation in its adjusted calendar to salvage a season thrown haywire by the COVID-19 pandemic.

The India Open, which was originally scheduled in March, was to be held from December 8 to 13 in New Delhi and Syed Modi was slated for November 17 to 22 in Lucknow in the previously revised calendar.

“The Badminton World Federation (BWF) will implement an adjusted tournament calendar for the HSBC BWF World Tour in 2020,” the world body said in a statement.

“The TOTAL BWF Thomas & Uber Cup Finals 2020 in Aarhus, Denmark will remain part of the international tournament calendar and will proceed on the planned dates of 3-11 October 2020.

“All remaining HSBC BWF World

Read More

India Open and Syed Modi International tournament canceled due to Corona

Elwanda Tulloch

The India Open and Syed Modi International tournament has been canceled due to Corona infection epidemic Both these tournaments have been canceled in the revised calendar of the Badminton World Federation.

Let us tell you that the Indian Open Badminton tournament was scheduled to be held from December 8 to 13, while the Syed Modi International tournament was to be held in Lucknow from seventeen to 22 November. However, earlier the India Open tournament was scheduled to be held from March 24 to 29 in India’s capital Delhi, which was postponed due to corona infection epidemic.

Thomas and Uber Cup finals will be part of the calendar

Let us tell you that due to corona infection this year, no tournament of badminton tournament could be played. The Badminton World Federation has said in a statement that the BWF HSBC BWF World Tour is going to implement the revised … Read More

India Open badminton, Syed Modi International cancelled due to COVID-19 pandemic

Elwanda Tulloch

Image Source : GETTY IMAGES

India Open badminton, Syed Modi International cancelled due to COVID-19 pandemic

India Open and Syed Modi International cancelled due to COVID-19 pandemic in Badminton World Federation’s revised calendar. BWF on Thursday announced its adjusted tournament calendar for 2020. The revised schedule is prepared to ensure the health and safety of all personnel participating.

The India Open, which was originally scheduled in March, was to be held from December 8 to 13 in New Delhi and Syed Modi was slated for November 17 to 22 in Lucknow in the previously revised calendar.

BWF Secretary General Thomas Lund said: “Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it was not possible to implement the revised international tournament calendar for the HSBC BWF World Tour as originally envisaged.

“Managing travel logistics between different territories where different entry and safety restrictions apply has been the biggest challenge. Therefore, an adjusted tournament calendar

Read More

BWF cancels India Open, Syed Modi tournament in new adjusted calendar

Elwanda Tulloch

Kuala Lumpur, Aug 27 (UNI) The Badminton World Federation (BWF) on Thursday cancelled the India Open Super 500 and the Syed Modi International Super 300 tournaments, as they announced the adjusted calendar for 2020, in order to save the season disrupted by the COVID-19 pandemic.

‘After discussions with @bwfmedia & after weighing the concerns of COVID pandemic it’s been decided that both #SyedModiInternational & #IndiaOpen stand cancelled for this year. The safety of players & other stakeholders connected to the game is paramount.We hope to return in 2021,’ the Badminton Association of India (BAI) tweeted.

The India Open, which was originally scheduled in March, was to be held from December 8 to 13 in New Delhi and Syed Modi was slated for November 17 to 22 in Lucknow in the previously revised calendar.

‘The Badminton World Federation (BWF) will implement an adjusted tournament calendar for the HSBC BWF World Tour

Read More