2020 badminton calendar shrinks further due to COVID-19



a person holding a racket on a stage


© Provided by N.C.N. Limited


Du Yue/Li Yinhui (L) of China compete during the women’s doubles semifinal match against Lee So Hee/Shin Seung Chan of South Korea at the All England Open 2020 badminton tournament in Birmingham on March 14, 2020. (Photo by Tim Ireland/Xinhua)

The Badminton World Federation has changed the 2020 calendar again as a result of continued coronavirus uncertainty.

KUALA LUMPUR, Aug. 28 (Xinhua) — The 2020 badminton tournament calendar has been further adjusted with most World Tour events dropped due to COVID-19 travel restrictions, the Badminton World Federation (BWF) said on Thursday.

“We are confident in creating a safe environment around all BWF World Tour tournaments, however, the main challenge with the existing tournament calendar is our capacity to move participants between different territories where different entry and safety restrictions apply,” BWF said in a statement.

“Therefore, in light of the exceptional circumstances we find ourselves

Read More

India Open and Syed Modi International tournament canceled due to Corona

The India Open and Syed Modi International tournament has been canceled due to Corona infection epidemic Both these tournaments have been canceled in the revised calendar of the Badminton World Federation.

Let us tell you that the Indian Open Badminton tournament was scheduled to be held from December 8 to 13, while the Syed Modi International tournament was to be held in Lucknow from seventeen to 22 November. However, earlier the India Open tournament was scheduled to be held from March 24 to 29 in India’s capital Delhi, which was postponed due to corona infection epidemic.

Thomas and Uber Cup finals will be part of the calendar

Let us tell you that due to corona infection this year, no tournament of badminton tournament could be played. The Badminton World Federation has said in a statement that the BWF HSBC BWF World Tour is going to implement the revised … Read More

India Open badminton, Syed Modi International cancelled due to COVID-19 pandemic

Image Source : GETTY IMAGES

India Open badminton, Syed Modi International cancelled due to COVID-19 pandemic

India Open and Syed Modi International cancelled due to COVID-19 pandemic in Badminton World Federation’s revised calendar. BWF on Thursday announced its adjusted tournament calendar for 2020. The revised schedule is prepared to ensure the health and safety of all personnel participating.

The India Open, which was originally scheduled in March, was to be held from December 8 to 13 in New Delhi and Syed Modi was slated for November 17 to 22 in Lucknow in the previously revised calendar.

BWF Secretary General Thomas Lund said: “Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it was not possible to implement the revised international tournament calendar for the HSBC BWF World Tour as originally envisaged.

“Managing travel logistics between different territories where different entry and safety restrictions apply has been the biggest challenge. Therefore, an adjusted tournament calendar

Read More

Changes in sports due to corona, every badminton player will be tested for corona

Elwanda Tulloch

At present, the whole world is facing severe problem of COVID-19 epidemic. To get rid of its infection, sports institutes have issued guidelines. The World Badminton Federation has announced the standard operating procedure for restoring the game in the midst of the COVID-19 virus epidemic. It states that all players and officials will have to undergo at least one mandatory COVID-19 check in all tournaments and major championships of the World Tour.

Players have been asked to take special precautions in view of the continuous increase in the number of people infected with COVID-19. The World Badminton Federation said, ‘In order to provide the safest atmosphere for players and staff, the World Badminton Federation will mandate COVID-19 screening in every major championships and world tour tournaments. All players and support staff must conduct COVID-19 screening in every major championship and world tour tournament.

Also, at least one check will be … Read More

Olympic badminton gold medalist Ayaka Takahashi retires due to lack of fire

Elwanda Tulloch

Ayaka Takahashi said Wednesday that she lacks the fire to try and defend her Olympic women’s doubles championship at next summer’s Tokyo Olympics and will retire at the end of this month.

While the vast majority of Olympic hopefuls are continuing on for the Tokyo Games, which have been postponed until 2021, Takahashi, a gold medalist at the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics, decided that she will not.

“I had doubts about my mind and body getting through another year,” Takahashi said in an online news conference where she was joined by her playing partner Misaki Matsutomo.

“When I shared my honest feelings with my partner Matsutomo and (my employer) Nihon Unisys they respected my decision. My parents were understanding as well, and telling them was a big weight off my shoulders,” she said.

The 30-year-old Takahashi and 28-year-old Matsutomo, with the pair nicknamed “Takamatsu,” claimed Japan’s first Olympic badminton

Read More